MOT Test Information and MOT Station List.
Classes of Vehicle for MOT.
There are several classes for different types of vehicle. A garage must be registered as an approved testing station for each class of vehicle it
wishes to test, so be sure to check that the garage you have chosen is approved to test your class of vehicle.
The MOT vehicle classes are:
Classes 1 and 2 (class 1 engine size to 200cc)
- Motor bicycles
- Motor bicycles with side car
Class 3 (unladen weight up to 450kg)
- Cars (up to 8 passengers)
- Motor caravans
- 3-wheeled vehicles over 450kg unladen weight
- Quads (max 400kg unladen, but for goods vehicles 500kg and max 15kw)
- Dual Purpose Vehicles
- Private hire and public service vehicles (up to 8 seats)
- Ambulances and taxis
- Private passenger vehicles and ambulances (9-12 passenger seats)
- Class 4a (includes seat belt installation check)
Class 5 - more than 13 passenger seats.
- Private passenger vehicles and ambulances - 13-16 passenger seats
- Private passenger vehicles and ambulances - more than 16 passenger seats
Class 5a (includes seat belt installation check)
- 13-16 passenger seats
- More than 16 passenger seats
- Goods vehicles (over 3,000 kg up to 3,500 kg DGW)
©2010 Dick Dolby
, all rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced without permission.
MOT Testing Station data supplied by the Department for Transport.